Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Loneliness of Insommnia

To be awake late at night, and into the early hours of the morning, brings with it a kind of melancholy loneliness.

When you hav watched all the movies you possibly can and read all the books in your house then having an active and awake brain, becomes a liability.

There is nothing more lonely than an insomniac, all the world is sleeping (or so it seems) and I am the only one awake. If I wanted yo talk to someone I couldn't, I have to wait  for morning when they will wake.

In the meanwhile I lie awake with the thoughts in my head going round and round, wondering what I could have done differently and what I will do differently tomorrow, but the reality is that when sleep finally comes it will bring no change, because tomorrow, tired and wanting to sleep I will fall back into old established habits that will leave me awake and restless in the early hours of the morning each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment